Monday, July 18, 2011

Fall to Rise

I started a blog last year about living to the fullest of my potential in an 1127 sq. ft. home on Odeum Lane in Phoenix. I am leaving that post up to show what my thoughts were and how that revelation changed my life.

I hadn't wanted to go into what the last 5 years or so meant in my life, but I guess it's easier to see the blessing when you know where you came from.  I was blessed early on with not having to put much into something to get satisfaction. Basically, I didn't have to put much effort into school, music, or home life to get along at an above average rate. I didn't know how much this delayed me until I got married. For the last several years my struggle has been battling laziness, and wanting what I didn't have and couldn't get just by showing up. If you ever have a similar conversation with my wonderful husband, you might find out we have the same shortcomings in this area. Wheras many couples have opposite personalities, and can pull each other out of their dark places, we sat together in sadness for a long time.

After my revelation to follow the call of God in my life in the area of my living space, I cleaned my act up. Instead of idolizing the picture of our dream home, I decided to dream in the space I was in. This was a skill I was going to need very soon, as we decided to file bankruptcy and surrender our home to the lender. My space was going to become a 10x10 bedroom at my mother's home, and a second 10x10 space for storage.

God's plan amazes me sometimes. My father in law called one night and asked my husband and I to move into my husband's childhood home and take over the mortgage payments there. If you don't already take the doctrine of double portion literally, listen up. We moved into a home with almost exactly double the sq. ft. of living space, for almost exactly half of what our mortgage payment was! Here we were, already humbled by our bankruptcy situation, and suddenly favored in a way we could never deserve!

I 100% believe that this could not have happened until I was ready to let go of my selfishness, and forgive myself. I had to fall to the bottom before I could be lifted back up. Let me tell you, when God wants to favor, he isn't subtle. He wants to show off.

I'll never forget my 1127 sq. ft. of Awesome that started this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment