Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mi Vida Ocupada

For as insecure as I am about my talents and abilities, I sure do a lot! This past weekend I performed my first wedding ceremony. I'm sure glad I decided to become ordained online, this is going to be a great addition to my business. On top of personal training, making a bridal bouquet, MOH clutch and two bouttaniers, I also sang at church and made time to be there for a friend in need. It was a busy Saturday. The day before, I painted my kitchen. The day after, I entertained. I was too pooped to stand come Sunday night, but I counted that a successful weekend.

This weekend I am hosting a reception for the worship ministry at my church. Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon, Grace Walkers will be welcome to have a snack while getting information about the worship arts opportunities we have available. In true Jessica style, however, I will first play saxophone for the opening number before ducking off stage to finish preparing the reception.  Sunday I will entertain again.

When I first began dating my husband, I would accompany him to his family dinner ever Sunday evening. We'd get there about 3 or 4, then stay until almost 8 or 9. There would be snacks, an incredible meal, and the entire family there to fellowship with.  Now that I have been blessed with so much space, I believe I want to start having a family dinner. Once I pay off the trustee in our bankruptcy, I will have an extra $450 in disposable income monthly. This will be done in December. At the beginning of next year I'd like to have family dinners in my kitchen a couple times a month. Everyone is invited.

The only other adventure before me at this time is the Toastmasters area contest. I volunteered to be contest manager to finish my Competent Leadership designation. There is certainly a lot to know, but I think it will be fun. Plus, one more opportunity to plan an event!

Perhaps my true talent is the ability to balance a full heaping plate with a smile

No comments:

Post a Comment