Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I Wanna See Ya Grill

I grilled a pizza!

While browsing AZ Central yesterday, I cam across a mention of Chris Bianco (If you haven't had the much debated Pizzeria Bianco, put it on your list!). Anyways, that got me hungry for a wood fire pizza. I don't have a brick oven, sooooo I started searching for grilling pizza.  I thought it would be an easy enough process, culminating in a delicious dinner.  Fresh & Easy has dough and sauce ready made, so it was easy to assemble the ingredients.  I thought about it all day at work, and then couldn't get the fire started fast enough.


This is where I went wrong





The fire was too hot, and I had too much olive oil on the dough. I put the dough directly on the grate over the hot coals.  It wasn't a minute before this go was, quite literally, toast.


So we tried again with another ball of dough. This time, great success!!

 It was a little misshapen, but it turned out pretty good. This time, we shoved all the coals to one side, and placed the dough on the opposite side, to cook with indirect heat. After letting one side crisp, flipped it over, added toppings, and let it set until the cheese melted and the dough finished cooking, about another 5-8 minutes.

And it was Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment