Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Long Surge

Wow. Tuesday afternoon I had a positive OPK. Both lines came out equally dark. Now, I must tell you that the women trolling the underground world of TTC forums are very legalistic and would yell at me at the very moment I'm typing this, if possible, to inform me that a + OPK requires the test line to be darker than the control line.

Ok, ok, let me continue.

Tuesday evening - equally dark
Wednesday morning - equally dark
Wednesday evening - equally dark
Thursday morning (hey, that's today!) - equally dark
And just a few minutes ago for my afternoon pee - test line is darker than the control line

I have been using preseed the last 2 nights, and I will do it again tonight.  My poor husband! He made the best comment ever last night during our forced (we were really sleepy from staying up too late flaying Fallout New Vegas) sexy time: "Baby making sex is dumb."

I'm wondering about this LH surge. It's pretty long. After a week of blank or faint negatives, I get the picture. However, I thought a surge was so quick you had to be lucky to catch it. 3 days long though?  Multiple follicles releasing? I don't know, but if you have any insight, will you let me know? Thanks, I appreciate it.

I took today off work. I didn't feel well this morning when I woke up, and wanted to give my body a day to rest so it can do what it needs to in order to make a mom out of me.

Just wanted to drop in and give a quick update! Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. #1 i love the new backdrop on your blog layout--so pretty!

    #2 i agree 3 days in a row is a long time for it to be a "just kidding!" hopefully the extra of rest did its job!! if not; well i hope you enjoyed your day nonetheless. <3

    ReplyDelete