Sunday, February 26, 2012

Weekend Update

Hello! Thanks for visiting.

Me being amazing at the Arizona Center
I had a couple adventures this weekend. Randy's birthday was Thursday, so we spent the day in downtown Phoenix.  We rode the light rail in and walked to heritage square. The setup for matsuri was under way, so not a lot of good photo ops, but Randy still managed to get a couple of shots in.



On Saturday, I picked up a couple of nice finds from an estate sale. I love everything about little old ladies, including their interior design savvy. I'll have a separate post soon cataloging my bounty, but I'll go ahead and show off my crown jewel of the day here:

Yes, this is your first glimpse of the Spiderman Room.
This buffet is incredible. It is crafted in the way all old sturdy furniture was. Solid wood, hand painted detail, not a scratch or nick anywhere on the surface. It was so meticulously cared for, and SO worth $200. You know how much this piece of furniture would sell for in an antique store? Well over a grand, I promise. It is a creamy butter color. As soon as I can manage it, I'll take some real pictures of it to show off the detail.  For now, my retro lamp and charming painting grace the top of it - although Randy hates having the Burnett covered up by the lampshade. Again, not a finished design product, just showing off the piece  :)

Today, I completed an impromptu craft project.  Last weekend, there was a yard sale across the street. I nabbed a metal cart that I think was used as a planter for $3.  It was gross and dull and begged to be re-purposed. Well, since I can't be sure they weren't already using it as a planter, I will stretch the definition of re-purpose, and claim ignorance. Here we go!
I took the cart into the yard and chose a pale green spray paint from Lowe's.


I washed out a set of coordinating pots I already had in the garage, and bought some flowers.

Voila! An inexpensive project that makes my courtyard spring ready!

You like?

Thanks for reading! And here's another picture of me being a BAMF on Thursday...

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE that buffet and that cart is soooooooo cute--the green is basically Easter wanting to punch you in the face with joy.

    ReplyDelete