Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Marriage and Feet

Weird enough title for a blog post? This isn't about being married and having to put up with each others feet in a gross way. Let me explain. I guess there's no subtle way to say this. I have adorable, pudgy, baby-like, bread feet.
Oh yeah, just like that.
 Given a fresh pedi and better lighting in my living room, I'd share a photo of my pillowy footsies. However, since my post isn't all about that, I'll spare you.... for now.

My wide feet wear a size 7.5 4E. Not a size readily available on the shelf. There is one shoe that has been my savior for the last several years, the New Balance 1123. I'm on my third pair. I've been rocking this pair since 2008. It used to be a pretty white and purple running shoe. Now it's a formless mound, in a desperate shade of, "Throw me away, for the love of God."

Oh yes, I'd LOVE to replace them! I bought them at around $150. Guess what? They're still that expensive. You wouldn't ever pay that much for tennys? Yeah, whatever. I said that too, until my feet had an allergic reaction to being fat and ballooned up 3 sizes too wide. They recently changed the style. The 1123 has been discontinued, and replaced with this awesomeness:
Whaaaaat!!! A Beauty.


Right now, I buy flats for work in a size 10. YUP, a size 10. When I'm not snow-shoeing around the contact center in dress shoes that are too long, I am trekking in amazingly comfy shoes that are beat up and old. Neither screams professionalism.

What's the point? I started running!  Well, more yogging for now. I don't get much for speed. But I've done it for a couple of weeks now at night with Randy. I love it. It's the piece that was missing from my weight loss regimen. I used to run in high school, and I always wore good shoes. I knew what happened if I didn't - shin splints, for example.

So, I'm running with Randy. My NB are too worn, so genius Me decides to get some shoes "just for now" from WALMART. Bwahahaha, yes it's so unfortunate it's worth me laughing. It hasn't even been 2 weeks of running every night and I feel  like JD in Scrubs when the "Mistake!" Opera singer shows up to remind him how dumb his choice was:
Mistaaaaaaaaaaaake!

My legs ache and I'm uncomfortable when I run, or even walk, in the shoes I bought. "Jessica, could your discomfort actually be from jogging at 300 pounds? And couldn't some if this be inevitable?"  Well, yes, since you mention it, I am setting realistic expectations for how my body will receive this new exercise. I mentioned it to my husband, who understands what I'm going through with more sincerity than anyone I will ever come across.

Monday is our 7 year wedding anniversary, and  we were planning on going out to a lovely, rich, pricey dinner at one of our favorite romantic spots, Durrant's. Tonight after our run, hubby suggested that instead of going out to eat, I should order the NB running shoes instead. Then we can go run somewhere pretty together and I won't hurt as much. I asked if he was serious, and he was.

Love!  <3

Be jealous, and goodnight.


1 comment:

  1. To surrender Durant's for shoes IS LOVE! Enjoy your shoes and your awesome hubby Jessica. :)

    ReplyDelete