Monday, April 16, 2012

So Blessed

To have a great doctor

I understand that I am at a time in my life where I have let myself become very overweight. I have had a weight awareness for the better part of the last 10 years. I don't drink, smoke, have shady sex, or take part in anything else harmful. I don't even really overeat. I just eat the wrong things. And over a number of years, have failed to remove much of my weight. Before the loving reassurance of my doctors Pierce and Branaman, I was absolutely convinced this made me a terrible, terrible human being.

I once had a nurse refuse to even let me continue my appointment because of my size. "We won't have this discussion (the absurd thought of getting me pregnant) with you until you lose 30% of your weight."

Concerning my recent journey with fertility treatment, I've learned about the root of most of my stress relating to pregnancy, although it really speaks volumes in more than one context. If I'm not dealt with in a loving, kind, accepting manner, my thoughts toward the entire subject will be the opposite of loving, kind, and accepting. I have been so concerned for the last year that I am defective, and my efforts will always be in vain. Of course I got really anxious with my last two pregnancies.

I guess what I'm trying to explain is how nice my doctors have been with me throughout this process, and how that means the world to me. I saw Dr. B today, and she was so eager to make me understand I am normal. I respond to treatment, I can conceive, and there's no reason I shouldn't expect to again soon. She stressed my bad luck streak was just that, bad luck. She said if I were to lose 10 or 15 more pounds before I get pregnant again it would be icing on the cake - if only to make me more comfortable. Of course, I see my chiropractor on a regular basis, and he is amazing with me. He has really become a cheerleader for me, and I'm glad to know him and call him a friend. It has been so nice to not be treated like a freak show. I don't want to let these two down, but it's a great feeling to know I couldn't if I tried.

New plan:

It will take 4-6 weeks for me to have a period. Dr. B says it is up to me - If I feel ready to try again, I can jump right back on clomid. If I want to wait another couple of months, that's ok too. So I will try to lose a little bit of weight. Let's see how I feel in 4-6 weeks.

In other happenings, my mom is coming over this weekend to help me with my master bedroom project. Pictures to follow. We will tackle the headboard for sure!

Thanks for visiting, talk to you soon.

2 comments:

  1. Jessica, You are BEAUTIFUL! Both on the inside and out. No one should ever treat you like anything other- if you want to loose 10-15 pounds for you and baby do it. If not, you are beautiful just the way you are nothing will change that. Love you and I hope you know I have turned into your #1 cheerleader! Praying for you my friend... Hugs... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your openness in your writing. Thank you for sharing. :) I wish you lots of happiness and success.

    ReplyDelete