Friday, August 3, 2012

Catching my breath

Hi!

This weekend I am taking on a task that I have pretended to tackle for years, every time I open publisher - in just the same way a little girl tries to walk in her mom's fabulous heels. I am finishing my first brochures. My first pricing materials that I will give out to brides on August 18 at the bridal show. Yeep!

Where I have always been flooded with creativity and drive and confidence, I am feeling a little hesitant. I mean, other people are going to see this and make decisions based on it. I don't want it to look too boring or too busy. I want it to look professional and sleek, but have some magic power that makes people think they can't get married without me there.

Tonight we're making lasagna, and then I've got a full weekend.

I've had a huge last month.  Vacation was just what I needed to get my head on straight. We had so much fun in San Diego with our family. I posted a long time ago that I believe God custom wraps for his children unique experiences and perceptions that remind us of His love. There's something about magnolia trees full of rich white blooms that triggers that in me. That, and the glitter of the light off ripples of water being pulled back into the ocean. I take some of these things in and decide I couldn't possibly share the awe with anyone for risk of looking looney. Maybe because those experiences, where I can swear I am caught up in grace for just a minute or two, are for me alone from my creator.

In a way, one of the special experiences is the feeling of being taken care of and loved by family members. Our cousin was so nice to let us stay at her house while we took in SD. I didn't expect, or think I deserved the red carpet treatment when the rest of the family joined us and we wined and dined (quite literally). Even though, according to our aunt, that's just how family treats each other, I always walk away wishing I had what it takes to make it "just the way I treat" everyone. So this is what made my vacation complete - I not only had a breathtaking visual week where I got to get out of my environment and be humbled by some beauty, I was treated so kindly. This is the application piece of my experience, the "why" to my here and now. I need to love more. I used to be really good at that.

...

My mom has a grocery bag full of all her CDs. If you stop to picture this, it's pretty funny. I have them here at my house, so for the past few days, I have spent the evenings ripping all the discs onto my iTunes. I'm about 2/3 done. I've got a song softly on repeat, Raul DiBlasio and Juan Gabriel, Hasta que te conoci. Growing up Margie's daughter, I was never in lack for random awesome Latin music. The music in the piece is just plain fun - passionate and bold. Later, when I could translate the lyrics, I found out it was a pretty sad song. But I love that I still enjoy it. It gives me hope that who I was years ago, with just enough innocence to jam out to a Spanish song about heartbreak, is still in me somewhere.


Hoping that's the case. More to come! Thanks for visiting.

Love, Juice

2 comments:

  1. so happy san diegot was so fun and totally feel you on the brochure dilemma (obviously you pulled through it bc i'm catching up on all the blogs i follow, uber late lol), i have the same issue (more so with the price setting) for photo shoots. :\ ::sigh::

    anyway it looked like you kicked major ass this weekend and i'm SO proud of you!

    when are we running?? :D xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh, minus the T on san diego lol.

    ReplyDelete