Monday, March 5, 2012

True Story

I woke up early and went to work at 5am today. I had a plan.  I have too much on my plate right now, and that means something has to give. I have really been given the opportunity to show what I'm made of. To show my "Exceeds Expectations" qualities that earned me a bonus and a raise. If I can do 2011 like a walk in the park and have a fantastic review, I need to step it up in 2012. So this morning, I charted my day on my calendar, and made some dents in my week. I might go in early again tomorrow, and the day after that.

So, the thing that has to give right now is me. I'm up for the challenge.

It's busier right now because the lady in my office is preparing to take her maternity leave. A full 12 weeks of baby bonding. While she's not popping just yet, we're slowly dividing up her work load amongst us and all getting Tetris-ed in the process. I agree with Randy: It's nice that I get to challenge myself and find purpose in my job right now. It's great I get to learn some HR skills and learn more about the backside of my business. I'm going to come out of this a lot smarter and more efficient. But despite all that, I'd rather have MBA and screw everyone else. Must be nice.

Father, help me tonight to remember that strength isn't just physical. Help me to watch my mouth, no matter how clever I think I am sometimes. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment